Sunday, May 3, 2015

X in 3D



Hi lovelies! I had a pretty clear plan with where I was going with this design, but it didn't really work out as I planned and here I am with a manicure I don't know if I like or not. It is very different from what I've done before, and needed some time to get used to. What do you guys think?

Anyway, I started out with the greyish white My Boyfriend Scales Walls from OPI, great base for nail art since it isn't as bright as an ordinary white. After a quick layer of top coat, I placed stripes of tape in a cross on each nail, and then did a saran wrap with Depend 250 on the remaining nail surface that wasn't covered by the tape. The last step was outlining the white cross with black acrylic paint and a striping brush. I had planned on thin, similar lines on all sides, but messed up some of them so that they got a lot thicker than the others. Trying to fix it, I did the same thing on all nails, which in the end became this 3D-design you see here.


No comments:

Post a Comment