Thursday, January 8, 2015

Braided pastels


The braided nail art design is something I've seen countless of times but actually never tried out myself, so I felt that the time had come! It is super simple and no other tools than the ordinary brush that comes with the polish bottle is required. A tip though is to use polishes with high opacity! I chose to use pastels and really love these colours but man were they hard to get to cover each other, and the whole business went kinda messy. Nothing that can't be cleaned up with a bit of nail polish remover though. ;)


This pattern has really grown on me while wearing it, I was a bit skeptical from the beginning and didn't quite like it, but the more time that passed, the more I liked it. Now I love it! It makes my nail shape look 'softer' in some weird way, if that makes any sense? I have to admit that it looks better with a little distant than up-close though.


Nail polishes used:
H&M untitled pink
China Glaze Sun Of A Peach
China Glaze Highlight Of My Summer
HK Girl Glisten & Glow Top Coat


13 comments:

  1. Åh så fint! Har inte testat den här tekniken, men borde göra det snart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack så mycket! Ja det var enklare än förväntat faktiskt :)

      Delete
  2. Nicely done! I haven't tried this yet myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should, really simple for such a nice pattern :)

      Delete
  3. So nice to see some pastels! Great braiding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they brighten up during these dark Winter months, and thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Det här känns som glass! ^^ syns inte att du kämpat med att få det att täcka, snyggt resultat helt enkelt. Har själv inte testat detta, men man lär väl ska göra det så småningom. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ja faktiskt nu när du säger det! Tack så mycket och ja, det borde du, ser framemot att se :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Wow, thank you very much :D I really like this, as I wrote it really grew on me :)

      Delete