Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Kiko 286

I just realized that now that I have changed my nail shape, I can't post old manis and pretend that they're done recently haha. I have a lot of pictures from before I started this blog, so old pics will probably be posted just as much as new ones, if not even more. I also am very proud of some prior nails I've done and I feel like it would be a shame not to show them here, even if they aren't painted of late.


Today I will show you my first try at my new Kiko polishes. 286 is a deep red which leans a bit to purple, and it is really pretty. There is something classic and timeless about red nails, especially in a darker shade. I just felt so fancy and exclusive wearing this polish!


It was easy to apply and had a fantastic opacity, I think I could have gotten away with just one coat if I had been a little bit bolder and done a thicker coat. I wasn't though so I ended up with two coats this time. I topped it with the top coat HK Girl Glisten & Glow as usual.


If I should say something negative about this polish, I would like to complain a bit about the bleeding. Despite the easy applying, I am not a professional so of coure I mess it up one a few places, which in turn requires clean-up. The bleeding made it pretty hard to do a nice clean-up, and as you may have noticed I didn't got my cuticles entirely clean. It also took a hell amount of time to remove and stained really bad. But do not get discourage now, the beauty of this nail polish was actually worth the aftermaths.


No comments:

Post a Comment